The debris found in Maldives, suspected to be part of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, will be brought back to Malaysia for analysis, an official said Tuesday.
Malaysian Deputy Transport Minister Ab Aziz Kaprawi said the debris have to be further analyzed and will be brought back to Malaysia to be verified whether they belong to the MH370 flight, according to state news agency Bernama.
According to local media, a piece of object, probably a plane part which is 5 to 7 inches long, was discovered on the beach of a private resort in Maldives in May.
Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai announced Monday that Malaysia would send a team to the Maldives, saying that it was premature to connect the unidentified debris to the doomed plane.
What happened on board the MH370 has become one of the biggest mysteries in aviation history after it vanished en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with its 239 passengers and crew on March 8, 2014.
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said last week that the debris recently found on the Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean was confirmed to be part of the aircraft.